Clinical Stabilization at Emerson and Miller
Clinical Stabilization Services for Men and Women
Gosnold’s Clinical Stabilization Services (CSS) programs at Emerson House and Miller House provide acute rehabilitation services to those suffering from substance use disorders. Our program takes a personalized approach to meet each patient’s needs and our multi-disciplinary teams develop customized treatment plans and clinical support throughout the course of the patients’ stay. The programs utilize a variety of different treatment modalities designed to make the treatment experience enriching and educational such as; individual and group counseling, health education, evidence-based therapies including cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation and mindfulness, introduction to 12 step and other self-help programs and planning for longer-term support services. Gosnold understands every case is different and treatment should be tailored to meet the individual where they are in their recovery process.
Gosnold at Miller House is a 21 bed inpatient residential facility located in beautiful Woods Hole. Gosnold at Emerson House is a 37 bed inpatient residential facility located in West Falmouth.
To see a comprehensive list of our clinical services please click here.
The Treatment Team:
Each patient is assigned to a treatment team that includes their primary addiction counselor, case manager, clinical and nursing supervisors, and a recovery specialist. Throughout the course of the program, patient treatment plans may include access to physicians, a psychiatrist, recovery managers and spiritual counselors to work with providing a comprehensive treatment plan driven by the precise needs of the individual.
Family Integration and Support:
Recovery is greatly enhanced when families understand the disease of addiction and learn how they can care for themselves and be supportive of a loved one’s recovery. Families are an integral part of recovery and are invited to attend one of Gosnold’s weekly education courses focusing on the disease of addiction, Gosnold’s continuum of care, and interactive exercises to strengthen communication. Families will also be encouraged to take part in family sessions with the clinical team to involve them in treatment planning, continuing care recommendations, and facilitate the healing process
For a printable list of what to bring to Emerson and Miller, click here.
What to bring to Gosnold at Emerson and Miller:
- Identification and insurance cards
- Cash, not in excess of $100.00
- If you smoke, bring enough cigarettes to last you your stay.
- One suitcase with enough appropriate clothing to last your stay. Clothing should be comfortable, casual and washable. We have laundry facilities if your treatment stay is longer.
- Prescribed medications in the original container from the pharmacy
- Phone cards
- Toiletries (must be in the original packaging)
- Cellphones and other electronic devices are permitted at the discretion of the facility.
- No personal snacks, drinks or candy.
- Non-prescription medication (Tylenol, Advil).
- Vitamins, herbal medicine or protein powders.
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, perfumed lotions).
- Smokeless (chewing) tobacco.
- Clothing that depicts drugs, alcohol, sex or violence.
- Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives).