The Emerson House
Extended Residential Care for Women
Located in a Victorian manor in Historic West Falmouth a mile from the beach, Emerson House is a solution based program designed to help women address their substance use disorder, mental health, and emotional issues. Our goal is to facilitate changes that support long-term recovery through a holistic treatment approach including evidence-based and experiential therapies. Emerson House enhances change, emotional growth, and empowerment for women so that they can become productive members of their own communities and have the opportunity to live their lives in long-term recovery as mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends.
Emerson House offers women individual counseling, group counseling, psycho-educational groups, and groups for co-occurring issues as well as additional therapies and amenities.
The Emerson House case manager works collaboratively with patients and counselors in developing comprehensive continuing care plans including sober housing, medication assisted treatment, employment, and outpatient services. Case management assists patients with coordinating transportation to local appointments.
Family Education groups are held on Sunday’s at 4pm following visiting hours. Families may be involved in treatment planning and continuing care planning prior to discharge.
To see a comprehensive list of our clinical services please click here.
AMENITIES AT EMERSON HOUSE
- On-site laundry
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
RECREATION AT EMERSON HOUSE
Many women in recovery find it difficult to slow down and have difficulty focusing on themselves in a nurturing manner. Moderation in exercise, leisure and relaxation are a balance you may explore with activities like:
- Walks at local parks
- Beach outings (weather dependent)
- Yoga sessions on the grounds
- Use of a local gym
For questions regarding insurance, please contact our admissions line at: 508-540-6550
For a printable list of what you can bring to The Emerson House, click here.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EMERSON HOUSE:
• Identification and insurance cards
• Cash, not in excess of $100.00
• If you smoke, bring enough cigarettes to last you your stay.
• One suitcase with enough appropriate clothing to last your stay. Clothing should be comfortable, casual and washable. We have laundry facilities if your treatment stay is longer.
• Prescribed medications in the original container from the pharmacy
• Phone cards
• Toiletries (must be in the original packaging)
• Cellphones and other electronic devices are permitted at the discretion of the facility.
• No personal snacks, drinks or candy.
• Non-prescription medication (Tylenol, Advil).
• Vitamins, herbal medicine or protein powders.
• Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, perfumed lotions).
• Smokeless (chewing) tobacco.
• Toothpaste, body wash, deodorant, soap, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream-this all will be provided in the toiletry kit received upon admission.
• Clothing that depicts drugs, alcohol, sex or violence.
• Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives).