Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. We have openings for various positions and locations including Recovery Aides, Kitchen Staff, Housekeepers, Custodians, Nurses, Clinicians and more. Refreshments will be provided. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary! Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring: Assistant Director of Emergency Department Recovery Services
The Assistant Director of Emergency Dept. Recovery Services/Outreach manages and supervises the ED Recovery Specialist Team members Rep under the direction of the Director of Emergency Department Recovery Management. Ability to interact and relate to persons experiencing an acute drug or alcohol crisis and those in early recovery. Ability to interact professionally with hospital medical personnel, patient advocacy groups and community resources.
Engage with patients brought to the hospital emergency room for a substance use disorder or related condition. Such engagement must be provided in a non-judgmental manner and designed to refer the patient to addiction specific services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate hope, respect, self-direction, and empowerment in a non-judgmental way.
- Interact, as necessary and appropriate, with hospital social workers or navigators to enable “warm handoffs” of patients overlapping Recovery Specialist shift coverage.
- Cooperate with required hospital administrative and safety protocols and function under the professional authority of the ER physician and nursing management.
- Document, as directed, in the hospital record keeping system assuring compliance with privacy and confidentiality regulations. Maintain Recovery Specialist contact log for use in follow-up activity.
- Develop referral relationships with community resources (detox, rehab, outpatient services etc.) across wide geographic area.
- Facilitate transfer to treatment settings, working with hospital staff to ensure transportation if necessary.
- Relate recovery in a positive manner through coaching, role modeling, motivational interviewing and mentoring to maximize referral placement potential.
- Conduct screening assessments with patients directed to the specialist by Emergency Room staff to ascertain suitability and receptivity to treatment referrals.
- Prepare materials for and attend/lead monthly hospital meetings.
- Train and mentor new staff.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports as well as field ad-hoc inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize monthly Recovery Specialist Schedule for the Hospital Based Recovery program.
Master’s degree in Behavioral Health or a related field and a minimum of two years of experience in an admission or related health care setting or Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health or a related field.
- Two to three years working with substance use disorder patients in a behavioral health clinical setting. Ability to construct monthly Recovery Specialist coverage schedules and produce reports in excel. Public speaking skills and experience leading team meetings.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.