We are hiring:Events Coordinator in our Falmouth, MA location
Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
*Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary! Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Events Coordinator assumes the lead and/or coordinating role in Gosnold events pertaining to Prevention, Fundraising, and others related to Public Relations and Organizational Advancement. The Events Coordinator maintains the Donor/Advancement/Referral database, coordinates direct mail and specialized appeals, and assists the Director of Development with tasks associated with event and donor cultivation. This role requires a team oriented approach and the ability to galvanize involvement from agency Leadership, employees, and clients and Alumni, as appropriate. The Events Coordinator participates as an active and collaborative member of the Prevention, Marketing, and Development team.
Associate’s degree in business, social service, health care or related field. Experience may be substituted for degree with the co-approval of the Vice President of Operations and Strategic Partnerships and Director of Human Resources.
- At least two years of experience in a lead or coordinating role in sectors such as nonprofit, hospitality, or other related business field, where multi-tasking, high-level organizational and time-management skills, positive human relations, and exceptional customer service are paramount.
- Computer literacy adequate to conduct donor database management, word processing, and internet applications.
- Driver’s License required.
- Assume leadership role for all community-based events.
- Identify, plan for, and execute Gosnold events that promote Gosnold visibility, involve new and existing donors, and galvanize internal and external good will to support the Gosnold mission.
- Assume primary responsibility for donor/referral database. Works collaboratively with Marketing Coordinator, who fulfills secondary responsibility related to managing the donor/referral database.
- Manage the donor acknowledgment process for all gifts as part of the overall stewardship plan.
- Maintain Events & Initiatives calendar for Development, Prevention, and marketing. Works in conjunction with Prevention and Marketing to promote agency events.
- Support Annual Fund and other Appeals, working in conjunction with Directors of Development, Prevention, and Marketing to launch a coordinated Appeals effort.
- Attend community events as a representative of Gosnold. Involve present clients and past (alumni), as appropriate, into agency events.
- Establish and lead (internal) agency committees designed to support events. Involve employees, patient base (as appropriate, and Alumni as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Gosnold staff, other health and human service professionals and community-based organizations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and successfully execute large and small fund-raising and community outreach events.
- Administrative experience with proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and interact with diverse groups.
- Experience in the organization of projects, events, and other activities aimed at improving Gosnold’s exposure in the community and generating philanthropic interest in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Strong project management skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative work environment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.