Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. We have openings for various positions and locations including Recovery Aides, Kitchen Staff, Housekeepers, Custodians, Nurses, Clinicians and more. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary!
- Three – five years experience in billing and patient financial services, including a thorough understanding of healthcare reimbursement systems and procedures, preferably for a non-profit healthcare organization.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred; however, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, management and other professionals to achieve objectives.
- Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing and meeting goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, report-writing, and other verbal/written communications skills.
- Organizes financially-based work within the Patient Access Services department to support patient access pathways to Gosnold services.
- Executes departmental processes to ensure accuracy of patient financial and other data to enable timely, accurate billing and collection of funds.
- Manages cash receipts through the following:
- Closes previous day’s deposits and creates new daily deposit in EHR
- Manages daily cash receipts report
- Acceptance of patient payments upon admission and as indicated throughout stay.
- Performs patient financial matters for GTC, GAC, PHP, Miller, Emerson, LeClair, Shore Road, and Coaching to ensure the following obligations are fulfilled:
- Refund requests are managed in timely manner
- Management of patient extensions (e.g., Miller; Emerson; LeClair; Shore; Coaching; Other)
- Management of Denials, especially as they pertain to GAC and financial arrangements after Last Covered Day
- Management of all patient financial contracts, entering Authorizations and service detail override, entering benefit assignment, etc.
- Works in conjunction with Financial Services Supervisor, Financial Services Assistant Supervisor, Lead Patient Access Specialist, Family Liaison and Patient Access Specialist, Financial Liaison to coordinate Financial Agreements for patients in Gosnold acute, residential, extended residential, sober living, and coaching/case management services. This includes meetings with patients, parents, guarantors related to questions pertaining to insurance coverage and/or out of pocket costs, formulation of financial agreements, as well as oversight of DPH Interviews.
- Performs the administrative functions related to financial management to include:
- Break down of financial folders for GTC/GAC discharged patients (from previous day)
- Scanning copies of financial paperwork into HER
- Other scheduling, filing, and organizational duties
- Verifies Eligibility for each patient at GTC, GAC, and other Services as Assigned, at prescribed intervals (i.e., daily; every other day, weekly, etc.), including daily REVS for patients with MassHealth, and daily NEHEN batch/resolution for Emerson, Miller, and Coaching, and others as assigned.
- Performs auditing functions to include but not limited to:
- Check census for all locations to ensure all patients admitted prior day were set up properly in EHR, ensuring that this is conducted in timely manner to avoid AUTH HOLD on Wednesdays, and weekly for claim run.
- Audit and Authorize discharged patients within 24-48 hours, and those funded through federal probation at month’s end.
- Review the Authorization Hold Report at prescribed minimum intervals; make required corrections, and email to billhelp for reprocessing.
- Run, review, and rectify, as needed, errors or omissions on the Detox Modifier Report
- Participate on teams related to billing and patient financial services as needed and maintain and promote effective working relationships with all Gosnold departments.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Participates in own performance appraisal through a written self evaluation to identify personal strengths, weaknesses, improvement plans and development goals.
- This position reports to the Patient Access Financial Services Supervisor.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays. Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.