July 20-26, 2020
Extraordinary hardship requires extraordinary action. The need for Gosnold’s services is greater than ever before. We continue to be here for those who seek good health and lasting recovery.
The Coronavirus Pandemic reminds us to appreciate optimal health and human connection. The safety measures practiced during the pandemic created extraordinary hardship for individuals affected with substance use and mental health challenges.
It’s time to join together and walk to support lasting recovery.
Please consider supporting our important mission to further addiction treatment as we embark on Gosnold’s Freedom Walk/Run scheduled for July 20 – 26, 2020.
Consider supporting the Gosnold Freedom Walk in the following ways:
1. Donate to any of the three Freedom Walk/Run Teams to help the team raise resources and awareness for Gosnold, Inc.
- The Gosnold Alumni Team – individuals who have graduated from a Gosnold Program.
- The Gosnold Employee, Family, and Friend Team – employees of Gosnold, as well as family and friends who support the employee’s passion and commitment to the organization and its cause.
- Gosnold Community Team – members of Cape Cod & Islands, Southeastern Massachusetts, and other South Shore communities who wish to support Gosnold’s programs.
2. Join a team and walk to achieve your team’s goals. Just register for the team ($30 dollars), walk or run during the week July 20 – 26, record and report your miles, and spread the word to others. Register at the Freedom Walk/Run web site https://www.firstgiving.com/event/Gosnold/The. Discounted rates apply for any person who lives in Sober Living.
3. Make a general donation to the Gosnold Freedom Walk/Run to support prevention, treatment, and recovery for individuals affected with substance use disorder.
Our “Easy Peasy” Walk/Run Rules
- Beginning Monday July 20, team members begin to walk and record miles.
- Each day, team members submit miles to Google Pages.
- Gosnold’s Freedom Team calculates daily miles and reports them out using Constant Contact, Web Site, Facebook and Instagram.
- Team Leaders encourage post progress to Gosnold’s Facebook Page to build team spirit and support for the fundraiser.
- Teams participate responsibly and members following social distancing.
- Participants order commemorative T Shirt by July 31. Commemorative T Shirts will be mailed to the mailing address provided.
How We Recognize a Job Well Done
Gosnold will host an award celebration on Friday July 31, 2020 from Noon – 1 PM at 200 Ter Heun Drive – Location of Gosnold Treatment Center. Come join CEO Richard Curcuru and Gosnold supporters for a cookout lunch and award ceremony. We have plenty of room to respect social distancing guidelines.
First, Second, and Third place awards will be given for:
- Most Miles (team that records the most miles walked)
- Highest Fundraising (team that raises the most)
- Highest “Friend-raising” (team that has the largest number of contributors)
- Biggest Team (team that recruits the most walkers & runners)
- Team Spirit (team that best shares their mission with the public)
- Gosnold Freedom Walk Trophy (team that best exhibits their passion for recovery through overall results in a – e above)