Hyannis, Barnstable, MA
Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. We have openings for various positions and locations including Recovery Aides, Kitchen Staff, Housekeepers, Custodians, Nurses, Clinicians and more. Refreshments will be provided. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary! Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WE ARE HIRING: RECOVERY SPECIALIST—EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
This part time position will be 2-3 days per week, 11am-6pm (14-21 hours total) at Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital. Specific days will be dependent on need and availability.
- At least two years working with substance use disorder patients in a behavioral health clinical setting.
- Ability to interact and relate to persons experiencing an acute drug or alcohol crisis and those in early recovery. Must be able to communicate hope, respect, self-direction, and empowerment in a non-judgmental way.
- Ability to interact professionally with hospital medical personnel, patient advocacy groups and community resources.
- Willingness and ability to undergo certification training with a recognized Coaching Certification organization.
- Engage with patients brought to the hospital emergency room for a substance use disorder or related condition. Such engagement must be provided in a non-judgmental manner and designed to refer the patient to addiction specific services.
- Conduct screening assessments with patients directed to the specialist by Emergency Room staff to ascertain suitability and receptivity to treatment referrals.
- Relate recovery in a positive manner through coaching, role modeling, motivational interviewing and mentoring to maximize referral placement potential.
- Facilitate transfer to treatment settings, working with hospital staff to ensure transportation if necessary.
- Develop referral relationships with community resources (detox, rehab, outpatient services etc) across wide geographic areas.
- Conduct at least two follow-up phone motivational calls to patients (and families if involved) who refuse treatment referrals at time of ER experience.
- Document, as directed, in the hospital record keeping system assuring compliance with privacy and confidentiality regulations. Maintain Recovery Specialist contact log for use in follow-up activity.
- Cooperate with required hospital administrative and safety protocols and function under the professional authority of the ER physician and nursing management.
- Interact, as necessary and appropriate, with hospital social workers or navigators to enable “warm handoffs” of patients overlapping Recovery Specialist shift coverage.
- The Emergency Room Recovery Specialist reports to the Gosnold Director of Emergency Department Recovery Management and, while in the ER, to the Chief of Emergency Medicine or his/her designee.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Please see the Summary of Benefits for specifics