Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth.
We are hiring: Patient Records Supervisor
The Patients Records Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and leadership for handling medical records. This position requires expertise with organizational administration of the storage of medical records in a hospital/treatment center setting. The Patients Records Supervisor should have knowledge of substance abuse treatment and documentation procedures relevant to medical record keeping.
- Maintain active and inactive patient records in a secured and organized fashion in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Purge records in accordance with policies and procedures and with the requirements for the state of MA.
- Screen all closed records for proper sequence of documentation for inclusion of all documents and for compliance with Utilization Review requirements.
- Coordinate and respond to external and internal requests for patient record information.
- Maintain necessary statistical reports as required by procedure and by direction of the Program Director or designee.
- Participate in safety management committee, quality improvement studies and work groups or other committees as assigned.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervision of staff. Orientation of new staff to the department’s policies and procedures. Will complete provisional and annual performance evaluations of staff.
- Suggest revisions to existing forms and develop forms if the need arises.
- Maintenance and ordering of supplies for the Patient Records Department.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and patients.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, Experience, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience working with medical records.
- Experience: Familiarity with federal and state confidentiality regulations regarding substance abuse and mental health records.
- Skills: Knowledge of computer programs used to maintain patient record data.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: N/A
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.