Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. We have openings for various positions and locations including Recovery Aides, Kitchen Staff, Housekeepers, Custodians, Nurses, Clinicians and more. Refreshments will be provided. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary! Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WE ARE HIRING:RESIDENT HOUSE MANAGER—Canal House
The Resident House Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the house per direction of Gosnold Management. The resident manager is expected to live in the House Manager’s quarters and maintain presence overnight. The Resident House Manager may retain a daytime job outside of the House.
- Prior experience in managing a sober house is preferred. Work experience in an addiction treatment program may be substituted for sober house management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to situations that may arise in the house.
- An understanding of addiction, recovery and the twelve step program.
- If in recovery, three years of continuous abstinence.
- Ability to administer the sober house within the established rules and guidelines of Canal House.
- Satisfactory reports from the Criminal Offense Records Inquiry (CORI).
- General maintenance skills and prior property management preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains residence at the Canal House. Works with GSL Program Director to coordinate time away from house to ensure no interruption in oversight of residents.
- Facilitates weekly house meetings.
- Establishes a list of resident responsibilities for common areas and supervises these duties.
- Mediates problems that arise between residents and difficulties that residents may have with house rules and policies.
- Responds to emergency situations as necessary.
- Acts on suspected alcohol and drug use and follows established policy for screening.
- Performs random drug and/or alcohol screenings as necessary.
- Interfaces with Gosnold case managers and other staff to insure adequate and appropriate services are available to residents.
- Conducts, with the residents, regular inspections of resident rooms.
- Reports to Gosnold Management any problems or conflicts within Canal House and makes recommendations for changes in policy, rules, etc as needed.
- Maintains log of house activities, noting problems and absences. Conducts fire drills.
- Assists with enforcing house guidelines and notifying tenants of house guideline violations.
- Notify Gosnold of maintenance issues that need special attention. Coordinate resident house cleaning and light maintenance (mowing lawns, tending a garden, etc.).
- Maintains house supplies and reports to Gosnold designee when supplies need to be replenished.
- Reports to a Gosnold representative when repairs need to be made in the house.
- Maintain complete sobriety.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Please see the Summary of Benefits for specifics