Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. We have openings for various positions and locations including Recovery Aides, Kitchen Staff, Housekeepers, Custodians, Nurses, Clinicians and more. Refreshments will be provided. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary! Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring: Assistant Director of Patient Access
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Health or a related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in an admission or related health care setting OR Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health or a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience in an admission or related health care setting.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and the ability to conduct financial interviews and enable collection and documentation of patient and payer information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Gosnold customers including patients, families, health care providers and other referring parties.
- Thorough understanding of the systems of addiction and/or mental health treatment. Ability to multi-task and service multiple callers.
- Ability to collect and interpret clinical information provided by referents or prospective patients.
- Working familiarity electronic data systems and ability to accurately enter it into an electronic health record.
- Ability to maintain accurate admission documents and prepare statistical reports for management within established time schedules.
- Knowledge of Gosnold’s programs, fees and levels of care.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain good interdepartmental relations.
- Provide day to day operational support to the Director of Patient Access.
- Collaborate with Director of Patient Access to review, develop, revise and standardize training procedures.
- Provide quality management for information entered into the EMR by patient access staff.
- Assist Director of Patient Access in overseeing department activities to enhance Gosnold’s continuum of care and expand business opportunities. Including training, reporting, monitoring and modifying.
- Represent the Director of Patient Access in meetings and projects as assigned, including collaborating with department heads and other departments throughout the organization.
- Share in the supervision of Patient Access Specialists.
- Respond to patient, family or professional referent calls promptly and with a high degree of sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. Project a warm and friendly demeanor to all patients, families, and referents.
- Gather relevant pre-admission patient information accurately and in a timely manner, interpret the information and determine admission suitability or the need for higher level clinical screening.
- Clearly and accurately communicate knowledge of the programs in the Gosnold service line and optimize referrals to Gosnold inpatient, residential, family, or outpatient programs.
- Works cohesively and cooperatively with clinical staff to ensure a high quality admissions experience for Gosnold patients.
- Respond to information calls from potential clients, provides program overviews, fee explanations and available financial options and directs callers to websites or other information sources as needed.
- Retain knowledge and awareness of key Gosnold referral accounts, i.e. clinical/medical professionals, alumni, PCP’s, and prioritize their requests accordingly. Process patient records in accordance with established Gosnold standards, complete admission data entry accurately and in a timely manner
- Interface with all levels of management and peers in a manner that promotes learning and mutual respect.
- Support new initiatives, seek creative solutions to challenges, and participate in department and program improvement projects.
- Assist the Patient Access Coordinator in the following areas:
- Assuring financial interviews are conducted and documented correctly with patients, payers and referrers, and that payments are correctly processed and collected.
- Assuring the payer status is correctly identified and documented and that both health insurance and prescription coverage is verified.
- Assuring billing information is prepared, documented and maintained accurately and completely (paper and computerized information).
- Assisting with follow-up and collection activities to insure client payment for services.
- Communicating with the appropriate Gosnold departments to insure maximum utilization and reimbursement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Assistant Director of Patient Access reports directly to the Director of Patient Access or designee.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Please see the Summary of Benefits for specifics