Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
WE ARE HIRING: Fee For Service Mental Health Counselor (Counselor III)
- Master’s degree in a counseling, social worker, and related discipline is required and LICSW is preferred. LMHC candidates will be considered, as well as LCSW currently working towards LICSW.
- Experience working in a team treatment approach in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the disease of addiction and/or mental illness, twelve-step recovery principles, and other evidence based practices in addiction or mental health treatment.
- Education and training in the special population areas necessary for provision of effective counseling and care management.
- Working familiarity and/or direct experience in the use of relevant technology (EMRs tele-health, etc.).
- Conduct evaluation and intake interviews and assessments, assess patient’s presenting problems and formulate diagnoses, make recommendations regarding appropriate treatment.
- Develop, implement and modify, as necessary, treatment plans and continuing care plans.
- Provide individual, group, family, marital, child and/or adjunctive therapies as needed and within area of expertise and limits of credentials.
- Conduct case management services and prepare discharge summaries.
- Provide crisis management for patients, including, if required, on-call consults.
- Interact with referral sources and other external providers to insure coordination of patient services.
- Participate in continuing education activities and in-service training programs to remain knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise and to meet credentialing and privileging requirements.
- Attend meetings as directed and meet with supervisor to receive supervision and participate in clinical reviews.
- Monitor caseload to assure compliance with third-party payers, including chart reviews, completing pre-certification requests, initial and continuing reviews and authorizations.
- Serve as a resource person to Gosnold and the community in areas of expertise, including presenting classes, speaking engagements and agency consultation, as directed by the Program Director.
- Document in patient records in accordance with Gosnold standards and regulatory and payer requirements, utilizing electronic formats, as required.
- Serve as professional mentor to interns, Gosnold Counselor I staff, and visiting students.
- Abide by the professional staff code of ethics and maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships and professional stature.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or program director.
- The Counselor reports to the Program Director or designee.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Please see the Summary of Benefits for specifics
Clinician, Social Worker, Counseling, Counselor
Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job REQ# 1072