We are hiring: Director of Nursing in our Falmouth, MA location
Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
*Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary!
The Director of Nursing will plan, organize, and administer nursing care and patient management in accordance with Gosnold policies and the appropriate nursing professional standards. This position will supervise the nursing staff in the areas of direct patient contact, provision of medical care, medication administration, and the proper documentation in patient records. The Director of Nursing must have knowledge of current practices in the treatment of withdrawal and their commonly associated medical conditions.
- Provide direct nursing services, including addiction related educational presentations.
- Conduct ongoing supervision of nursing staff as guided by Gosnold policy and regulatory standards.
- Prepare and maintain work schedules to ensure efficient and appropriate utilization of staff.
- Hire, evaluate and terminate nursing staff and nursing support staff in accordance with established policy and procedure. Prepare performance evaluations of nurses and nursing support staff.
- Participate in development of an annual operating budget with Gosnold financial department. Manage expenses within approved budget and prepare overtime reports and other documents as required.
- Develop an annual improvement plan for the department and communicate with senior management on goal achievement, resource needs, and improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Gosnold counseling staff, administration and other departments to attain good working relationships and an effective patient care system. Serve as liaison to other departments and programs to advance common goals and resolve mutual problems.
- Interact and collaborate with area hospitals, health and human service providers, and pharmacies to ensure coordination of care. When necessary, represent Gosnold in area meetings, presentations, etc.
- Develop and implement development and improvement programs for nurses and supporting staff. Prepare reports, statistics, and other data to document department activities.
- Participate in program and corporate wide Quality and Process Improvement activities and initiate these activities in areas of responsibility.
- Experience and ability to provide educational seminars to patients, staff, and the community at large.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, coach, teach, and train nurses.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- A registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with at least five years’ experience in addiction nursing; at least two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Current CPR Certification.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.