School Based Counselor
Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
We are hiring: School Based Counselors.
We are seeking applications for Licensed, Master’s level counselors to work full time and part time clinical openings within multiple school settings in Chatham, Harwich, and Falmouth areas. Mental health/substance abuse counseling experience necessary. Experience working with school aged children is preferred. LICSW/LMHC preferred. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in a school setting with children that are attending the school.
- Conduct regular and ongoing sessions with the student and maintain records as clinically appropriate.
- Involve collaterals and families as clinically necessary.
- Maintain a regular caseload of students within the school schedule and calendar and as community outreach during the summer months.
- Maintain presence on site to be available to respond to the school community and student needs.
- Conduct evaluation and intake interviews and assessments, assess patient’s presenting problems and formulate diagnoses, make recommendations regarding appropriate treatment.
- Develop, implement and modify, as necessary, treatment plans and continuing care plans.
- Provide individual, group, family therapies as needed.
- Provide crisis management for patients, including, if required, on-call consults.
- Interact with referral sources and other external providers to insure coordination of patient services.
- Abide by the professional staff code of ethics and maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships and professional stature.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or program director.
- The Counselor reports to the Program Director or designee.
- Be willing and flexible to travel to another school site as needs arise.
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters’ Degree in Social Work or Mental Health, or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in a clinical setting as a therapist or counselor preferred.
- Ability to work within a school setting with a demeanor conducive to cooperation with collaterals and school staff.
- A strong desire to work with students within their needs and timeline.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.