Gosnold’s mission is to excel in addiction and mental health treatment, to serve men, women, and families affected by these illnesses and to promote lasting recovery.
**Gosnold will be hosting Walk-In Job Fairs, every Tuesday from 11-1pm at 200 Ter Heun Drive in Falmouth. We have openings for various positions and locations including Recovery Aides, Kitchen Staff, Housekeepers, Custodians, Nurses, Clinicians and more.
Stop by for an on the spot interview, no appointment necessary! Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring: PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST
- Degree in Behavioral Health or a related area and/or minimum of two years’ experience in health care or admission setting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with Gosnold customers including patients, families, health care providers and other referring parties.
- Ability to collect and document pertinent financial and personal information relative to patient treatment.
- Understanding or ability to learn about systems of addiction and mental health treatment. Ability to multi-task and service multiple callers.
- Ability to collect and interpret clinical information provided by referents or prospective patients.
- Working familiarity with A/R systems, computerized billing and electronic data systems and ability to accurately enter it into an electronic health record.
- Ability to use EMR to coordinate patient care.
- Work as an active and cooperative member of the Admissions team.
- Upon admission, determine preliminary payer status and verify health insurance coverage.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete electronic/paper patient records, reflecting current level of care and other pertinent information.
- Gather relevant pre-admission patient information accurately and in a timely manner, interpret the information and determine admission suitability or the need for higher level clinical screening.
- Initiate financial interviews with clients, as necessary and collect relevant documentation and money.
- Assist with follow-up and collection activities to insure client payment for services.
- Communicate with other departments to insure maximum utilization and reimbursement.
- Respond to patient, family or professional referent calls promptly and with a high degree of sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. Project a warm and friendly demeanor to all patients, families, and referents.
- Clearly and accurately communicate knowledge of the programs in the Gosnold service line and optimize referrals to Gosnold inpatient, residential, family, or outpatient programs.
- Retain knowledge and awareness of key Gosnold referral accounts, i.e. clinical/medical professionals, alumni, PCP’s, and prioritize their requests accordingly. Process patient records in accordance with established Gosnold standards, complete admission data entry accurately and in a timely manner
- Respond to general information requests (e.g., Twelve Step Meetings, etc.) by directing callers to websites or other information sources.
- Interface with all levels of management and peers in a manner that promotes learning and mutual respect.
- Support new initiatives, seek creative solutions to challenges, and participate in department and program improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Patient Access Specialist reports to the Director, Assistant Director or Lead, as assigned.
Gosnold offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement including an employer match, Short term disability, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Direct Deposit, Personal Home Owners, Automobile, and Umbrella available through a payroll deduction, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Job Type: Full-time