Rehabilitation: Innovative and Research Driven Services
Each patient is assigned a primary counselor, who is responsible for facilitating treatment and working with him/her on a personal treatment plan. These plans take into consideration the diversity, culture and needs of each patient.
Motivational Interviewing is a collaborative effort between the counselor and patient to spark motivation and initiate change. Motivational interviewing builds on the optimism of human strength, with a goal-oriented partnership that fosters on building the tools necessary for long term recovery.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is woven throughout our program and is utilized extensively in individual sessions. CBT provides the necessary learning and resources to challenge maladaptive ways of thinking, and to develop new ways of being.
Relapse Prevention is an important key to lasting recovery. Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention, as well as education on refusal skills, identifying triggers, and dealing with cravings are used to strengthen a patient’s resiliency and coping strategies.
Peer Support Patients participate in 12-Step groups, SMART recovery and home groups designed to build support and accountability throughout the treatment process.
Clinicians lead small groups centered on solving problems through measurable actions while providing a valuable source of guidance and introspection for all participants through peer support.
|Addiction: Symptoms and Progression||Surrender vs. Compliance|
|Neurobiology of Addiction||Post Traumatic Growth|
|Assertiveness and Boundaries||Conceptualizing Recovery through Art and Music|
|Recovery: Building on our Positive Traits||The Stigma of Addiction|
- Yoga/Meditation: Available for men and women who want to find sober alternatives to help with stress relief and relaxation.
- Expressive Digital Imagery: promotes recovery and emotional resilience through imagery created on mobile devices. Individuals use EDI to share deeply personal aspects of their lives that are difficult to express through words alone.
- Gym/Fitness: Our fitness center includes cardiovascular and weight training equipment to support core strength and balance training.
- Music in Recovery: a therapeutic workshop featuring a professional songwriter and musicologist.
Inpatient treatment marks a new beginning. While Cataumet will provide a solid foundation for recovery it is vital patients remain engaged with a continuing care plan as research shows ongoing support is key to long-term success. Patients collaborate with a case manager and clinical team to develop a post treatment plan best suited to meet the individual’s needs for a seamless transition. The Gosnold continuum of care offers extended residential, sober living, and outpatient options, as well a team of recovery managers to help navigate the transition back to everyday life.
- Personalized Case Management
- A Recovery Manager
- Mobile Technology Support
- Anti-Craving Medication
- Alumni Support Services
- Outdoor recreational activities include basketball, volleyball, and horseshoes overlooking picturesque cranberry bogs.
- Multiple relaxing living spaces located across the campus including a library, meditation room, and Zen garden.
- Laundry facilities with both a washer and a dryer.
- Cleaning services provided by our housekeeping staff.
- In-house dietary staff prepare daily a wide variety of nutritious meals while accommodating any dietary restrictions and allergies.
For a printable list of what to bring to Cataumet, click here.